10.5.16

The Engagement


Last day in Brighton, or last minute in Brighton really, Peter asked me to marry him. It was in the bright sunlight in a park by the Pavilion and my first reaction was "No! Not here!". Then I immediately snatched the ring out of his hand and said something like "Or I mean of course I will". The weird things you do in chock? I was in chock for hours, or days even. Maybe I still am? I feel overwhelmingly happy one minute (so happy I started crying uncontrollably in the bathroom yesterday), the next minute I feel terrified and the next minute after that I feel nothing. Like when you lost your virginity and was all "I don't feel anything, I'm still the same person". The fact that other people seem more excited then we are (we've talked about it for months) is a bit disturbing, but I guess it may just take me a while to process it all. I mean, I'm going to be a wife? And the wife of the kindest, cutest and most talented person I know. How weirdly wonderful is that? 

WARNING! There is a slight possibility this blog may turn into a wedding planning blog from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment